1. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd. (a.k.a. 'K M Plant', 'K M Plant Hire', 'Utilay'), Company Number 07182440 (England and Wales) whose registered address is Merlin House, Langstone Business Park, Priory Drive, Langstone, Newport, Gwent, NP18 2HJ and its trading divisions, who control this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, and the General Data Protection Regulations, the Data Controller is K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd.
2. Collection of personal information
1. The types of personal information collected and stored by K M Plant might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”), and the General Data Protection Regulations (“the GDPR”) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
2. K M Plant (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
a. any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to K M Plant to register on or via any of its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from K M Plant;
b. any data that you provide via postings to forums, social media websites, blogs, etc. and any other posting that you make to a K M Plant website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the websites);
c. during any transaction with us; and
d. any other data which you provide to K M Plant when you enquire about our services, products, commercial activities, innovation projects, etc., and email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal or business information. Please note your calls to K M Plant may be recorded for compliance, training and quality control purposes.
3. K M Plant (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a colleague, associate, friend or relative who wants to tell you about one of our products, services or the content of one or any of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
1. K M Plant will keep and manage your information in a secure environment.. The technology that K M Plant uses and the security policies which K M Plant has implemented, are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of your information
1. K M Plant may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA and the GDPR) for the following purposes: a. administering your account(s) and otherwise in connection with any product or service, related to which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and any events, competitions and promotions that you choose to take part in;
a. administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in; b. responding to any enquiry or requests for quotation or estimates relating to K M Plant’s products or services that you make;
b. responding to any enquiry you make; c. subject to your consent, sending you email information, newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding K M Plant’s or any related third party's planned or future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
c. subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding K M Plant’s or any associated third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
d. for generating aggregated statistics about K M Plant’s website(s) users, such as: traffic patterns, search engine performance, direct navigation traffic sources, referrals from other websites and social media, etc. Relating to any of K M Plant website(s) and other products or services provision and towards further developing K M Plant’s strategic marketing plans.
2. K M Plant may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA and the GDPR) as follows:
a. if you have given your consent for K M Plant to do so, to other selected related organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
b. to any service providers, sub-contractors, collaborative partners and agents appointed by K M Plant, to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
c. to third parties selected by K M Plant as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of any of K M Plant’s website(s);
d. to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure K M Plant’s full and complete compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
e. (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd. and/or its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring K M Plant to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on a K M Plant owned and operated web presence or website; and
f. to any individual making a subject information request to K M Plant.
3. In the event that K M Plant (or a relevant associated aspect or division of K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd.) is acquired by, or merges with, another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant K M Plant business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom K M Plant is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on K M Plant by the third party.
When you visit K M Plant owned and operated website(s), K M Plant may utilise “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the Internet e.g. smart mobile telephone, tablet device, personal computer, etc. or other mobile Internet connected device, when you visit a website, and which stores and sometimes tracks information about your use of the website. A number of cookies K M Plant use, will last only for the duration of your web session, and expire when you close your browser, and/or turn off/shut down your device. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the same website and will last for longer.
• Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a K M Plant website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
• Recognise when a visitor to a K M Plant website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
• Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
• Store any product selections in the respective elements of the website for processing;
• Collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that K M Plant can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular or useful to visitors; and
• Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the K M Plant website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment” in respect of the products and services that K M Plant provides or may offer in the future. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements and communications, which it is believed will be targeted to your specific interests.
For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used by K M Plant websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services to you on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a K M Plant website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that K M Plant does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
1. To access certain parts of the K M Plant websites, K M Plant may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
2. You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
b. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
Copyright © 2021 vests in K M Holdings Group Ltd., K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd., K M Plant Ltd. and K M Vehicle Services Ltd. - All Rights Reserved. © Copyright 2017 - 2021. All Site Content within this website is © Copyright of K M Holdings Group Ltd., K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd., K M Plant Ltd. and K M Vehicle Services Ltd., and all associated respective Trademarks and Intellectual Property Rights are in vested ownership of K M Holdings Group Ltd. K M Plant ®, KM Plant ®, KMPlant ® , KMPlantHire®, KM Plant Hire® and K M Plant Hire® are UK Registered Trademarks, vested in the ownership of K M Holdings Group Ltd. All Rights Reserved. All referenced third party Trademarks are acknowledged accordingly as the property of their respective owners. K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd. is a UK Limited Company, Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 07182440, D-U-N-S® 216638011. 'K M Plant Hire & Groundworks', 'K M Plant', 'K M Plant Hire', 'KM Plant', 'KM Plant Hire', 'KMPlantHire.com', 'UTILAY', 'Utilay', 'Utilay.com', 'K M & Associates', 'TipperGrabHire.com', 'DirectionalDrillHire.com' and 'WelfareHires.com', are all Trademarks and Trading Styles of K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd. Registered Offices: Merlin House, Langstone Business Park, Priory Drive, Langstone, Newport, Gwent, NP18 2HJ. K M Plant Hire & Groundworks Ltd. is Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under the Data Protection Act (1998 & 2018), Registration Number: ZA322126 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (2018), and Website Data Privacy is operated within compliance of these Regulations. All quoted rates are subject to Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate, and all stated Policies are current as of January 1st 2021 and publicly available at:- www.TradingPolicies.co.uk